Thursday, March 3, 2011

Weekly Activities

I am currently struggling through my thursday 9:00 am class. Am I paying attention? You tell me. Finance is not so interesting to me, I like accounting soooo much more (weird, I know). This opinion was reaffirmed today when a fellow classmate inquired to another, "Where did you get the financial times? I want to read it too!" To me, reading the financial times would be like reading an instruction manual for how to put together furniture from IKEA. You may need to read it to get essential information from time to time, but you wouldn't read it for "fun."

What did I do this week? Great question. Sunday night we went out for dinner with a bunch of Rome people that were visiting (missed you Mozer and Kim). Me and Monica had already eaten dinner before so we decided to split a bottle of wine and dessert. As I pointed to the cheapest bottle of wine on the menu I had to double to check to make sure he did not think I was pointing the most expensive, 50 euro, bottle underneath. Monday night I don't think I did anything. I can't remember. Tuesday night me and Hugh met Ali and Megan at "the Great Canadian Bar" to watch the Chelsea soccer game. Me and Hugh got lost on our way and happened to ask the one American on the street where to go, lucky for us he had an iPhone and was able to look up directions for us. It wasn't so bad to get lost at night because we got to see how beautiful Notre Dame looked at night. I haven't put the picture on my computer yet, but when I do I will add it to this post. We eventually made it to the bar and had a nice chill night.

Last night we had our typical Wednesday night at the ESCP bar with a TWIST! As soon as we walk in we see these french guys sprint in with three boxes of Dominos pizza. (Not my favorite fast food pizza place, but hey, it was recognizable). We obviously asked them about it and they said down the street you it is buy 1 get 2 free (on Wednesdays). 15 euros. 3 pizzas. Sounds good. So, Casey and I went with two french guys to the Dominos down the street. We made it back an hour and a half later. When I say to you the french go crazy for Dominos I mean, the french go CrAzY for Dominos. I have never encountered such a scene in Dominos before. After I looked through the wild menu and asked these french guys what everything meant we finally decided on three random pizzas. Nothing was simple. I went with one that had bacon, one that had pepperoni, and one with just cheese. However, even their "4 Fromage" (four cheese) pizza came with a follow up question: cream or tomato sauce? Next came the severe complications. After about 45 minutes of waiting (guesitmaed time because I didn't have my phone with me or watch), they messed up on our pizzas so we literally just told them to give us any 3. One hour, 30 minutes, 5 missed calls later (left my phone at the bar), and 3 random pizzas later we arrived with our unidentifiable pizzas. We ate them and they were delicious. It also wasn't so bad because we finally had the opportunity to interact with actual ESCP french students, not just the exchange students. I haven't really gotten to know that much about the french culture from actual french students so this was a good change of pace.

Rachel arrives today!!! Yayyyyy! We are going for dinner at this restaurant that serves wine out of baby bottles. Tomorrow I leave bright and early for UNOFFICIAL IN DUBLIN!!! Wooooh! All of you people in Champaign think that you are celebrating in style? Well, you've got nothing on Unofficial in Dublin! On Saturday we are heading to Galway for a tour of the Cliffs of Moher. They are supposed to BEAUTIFUL. Oh, did I mention that Cori is meeting us in Dublin? YAY!!!

Alright, well maybe I should go pay attention or something? I will write more when I'm back from my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment