Monday, March 7, 2011

Irish I were Irish

I love, love, love, love Ireland! Everything about it was AWESOME. Okay so here's a list of reasons why Ireland is so great...

THE PEOPLE: no language barrier, everyone was happy and nice and friendly and nice and spoke English. They have amazing accents too. Our (me, Monica, Cori, and Christina-Cori's roommate) tour guide on saturday was great. He was so funny and kept us entertained. He sang us a great song that he made up "All of the fish have disappeared. Where have they gone? I don't know." I learned that motion puts me to sleep, every time we got back on the bus I was out like a light.
This is Temple Bar street, where we stayed. It was a great street where people were always walking around.
THE BEAUTY: On saturday we took a tour to Cliffs of Moher which were absolutely stunning. The pictures don't do it justice because it was foggy but I was in shock when I was there. On sunday me, Monica, Torey, and Ryan did a walking tour of Ireland and it was so pretty. Yes, the history of the coutnry was womp womp after womp womp after womp womp. But still, everyone was happy and everything was so green and beautiful!
Cliffs of Moher
St. Patrick's Cathedral.
THE NIGHT(day)LIFE: Live music at every pub!!!! It was like sing alongs where everyone was jolly and happy and sang. I've never seen so many happy and drunk people singing along together. I wasn't the biggest fan of Guinness because it was so heavy, but it was still pretty good. We also celebrated UNOFFICIAL in Dublin!!!! It was so much fun, we just casually drank all day saturday in our hostel kitchen with like 30 people (at least) that go to U of I. I discovered that I am a big fan of cider, specifically berry. YUM! Friday night we attempted a pubcrawl but were all so tired that we went back early, we really liked the guys that were playing music at this one pub and decided to go back the next night. Saturday night we went back to the pub but unfortunately we got there too late and they were packing up to leave. sad. So me, Monica, Cori, and Christina went to Quays bar. It was a lot of fun, we just rocked out singing and dancing to the live music. We met a really weird dude who was a few inches shorter than me (perhaps a Leprechaun minus the charm and pot of gold). He took a liking to my cheeks and squeezed them a few times. It would be an understatement to say he was strange.
Me, Monica, Cori, and Courtney with Guinness. Like our green bows?
Me and Moncia ready for Unofficial 2012. (Yes, we did buy these)
THE FOOD: Let's see here, I ate, and then I ate more, and then I ate more. I really like the Irish food. We went to the "famous" fish n chips place in Dublin, Leo Burdocks. It was soooooo yummy. Saturday on our tour we went to this restaurant for lunch where I tried Guinness and Beef pie. It was soooo good!!! For dinner we went to a pub where I split mashed potatoes and sausage AND fish and chips with Monica. On sunday for breakfast I got an EGG HAM AND CHEESE BAGEL! Yes, you read that right, BAGEL. It's been a while, it was like reuniting with an old friend. Then for lunch I had beef stew. Who knew I liked beef stew so much? Not I. But, I do. I thoroughly enjoy it.
My fish and chips.
I was an epic failure when it came to taking PICTURES this past weekend. Cori took a million so once she puts them up I will steal some and add them to my blog. (thanks shelby for the correction from food, awks)

No comments:

Post a Comment